Jeffrey Hantover’s 99 word microfiction, “Champlain Towers South”, will appear in the fifth issue of The Centifictionist (Vol. 3, Issue 1, Spring/Summer 2022). Jeffrey graciously answered a few brief questions for us. Read the interview below.
1. What inspired the story “Champlain Towers South”?
The stories buried in the rubble.
2. What inspires you and your writing?
The untold stories at the edge of life.
3. What keeps you going when experiencing times of misery and despair?
The good writing of others.
4. What advice do you have for microfiction writers?
Take a ruthless scalpel to words you thought you would love forever.
5. Is there anything else that you would like people to know about you and/or your writing?
Forthcoming macro fiction in 2022: The Three Deaths of Giovanni Fumiani (Cuidono Press), and Peace and Happiness to All (Alternating Current).
Jeffrey Hantover is a writer living in New York. His work appeared in the Spring/Summer 2020 issue of The Centifictionist. His novel, The Jewel Trader of Pegu, was a Barnes & Noble “Discover Great New Writers” and a Borders “Original Voices” selection, and an Independent Book Sellers BookSense pick. Twitter: @DrJWords.