Amanda Marie Aardse’s 82 word microfiction, “The Car Needs Washing”, will appear in the third issue of The Centifictionist (Vol. 2, Issue 1, Spring/Summer 2021). Amanda graciously answered a few brief questions for us. Read the interview below.
1. What inspired the story “The Car Needs Washing”?
2. What inspires you and your writing?
My life and all the beautiful things I read.
3. What keeps you going when experiencing times of misery and despair?
More than anything, my amazing husband and son. They are my number one supporters.
4. What advice do you have for microfiction writers?
Make every word count. Punch someone straight in the throat with your words.
5. Is there anything else that you would like people to know about you and/or your writing?
I’m an emerging writer, so don’t take anything I have to say as gospel. Do whatever feels right. If it feels right, you’re doing it well.
Amanda Marie Aardse is an emerging writer who lives in Waterloo, Ontario with her husband, toddler, and pleasantly round cat. She is the third generation in her family’s custom woodworking business. Her work has been published by Marathon Lit Review and is forthcoming in Ponder Review. She has spent her days riddled with nail-biting anxiety and has nothing but a beautiful life to show for it. Twitter: @AardseMarie. Instagram: @penandpaperplanes.