Kenny Chua’s 20 word microfiction, “Missing Inhaler”, will appear in the third issue of The Centifictionist (Vol. 2, Issue 1, Spring/Summer 2021). Kenny graciously answered a few brief questions for us. Read the interview below.
1. What inspired the story “Missing Inhaler”?
What inspired “Missing Inhaler” was my anxiety concerning all the uncontrollable aspects of life.
2. What inspires you and your writing?
Both the infinite scenarios of life and my dreams. My dreams are really vivid and have colorful characters.
3. What keeps you going when experiencing times of misery and despair?
Definitely stories in different formats. Reading great books, streaming good shows and movies help me escape during times of misery and despair. Like this story, writing helps me translate times of misery into short stories.
4. What advice do you have for microfiction writers?
What works for me is to keep a short log of what I’m feeling or dreaming about whether on my phone or a physical notebook.
5. Is there anything else that you would like people to know about you and/or your writing?
I’d really appreciate it if you can check out my first chapbook Lucky Star on Amazon.
Kenny Chua is a marketer from Manila, Philippines. His writing can be found in Scout Magazine and Rappler. Twitter: @_kennychua.
One thought on “Microinterview: Kenny Chua”
Comments are closed.