Nicola Winstanley’s 100 word microfiction, “Snooping”, will appear in the third issue of The Centifictionist (Vol. 2, Issue 1, Spring/Summer 2021). Nicola graciously answered a few brief questions for us. Read the interview below.
1. What inspired the story “Snooping”?
I was part of a prompt writing group at the beginning of the lockdown. “Snooping” was one of the words of the day. Also, I am ashamed to say it, but I used to be a terrible snooper.
2. What inspires you and your writing?
My life, other people’s work. Everything!
3. What keeps you going when experiencing times of misery and despair?
Hugs and meditation.
4. What advice do you have for microfiction writers?
Take the opportunity to be weird?
5. Is there anything else that you would like people to know about you and/or your writing?
I write children’s books! Maybe that’s why I like microfiction.
Nicola Winstanley is an award-winning writer of children’s picture books, fiction, and comix. She lives in Hamilton, Ontario. Twitter: @nicwinstanley. nicolawinstanley.com.
One thought on “Microinterview: Nicola Winstanley”
Comments are closed.